Classic Inca Trail 2D/1N
This trip allows a taste of the Inca Trail without days of hiking and camping and is ideal for trekkers wanting to experience at least a part of the Inca Trail but haven't got the time or energy to complete the full 4 day trek. We begin the hike from the stop’s train at Kilometer 104 and follow the trail for six hours to the spectacular view of Machu Picchu from Inti Punku, The gate of the Sun. From here we descend into the world famous “Lost City”. After a restful night in a hotel, we return to Machu Picchu at dawn to see the ruins in perfect morning light. In the afternoon, we return to Cusco by train.
The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2D/1N is undoubtedly one of the most popular excursions for those seeking adventure and mystery that the Incas have left us. This offer a unique walk, with spectacular landscapes and unforgettable experiences. To all these natural wonders we should add Inca buildings that are worth visiting, the architectural art in perfect harmony with the natural environment.
Adventure Type: History, Culture, Hiking, Camping and Adventure.
Total Distance: 43KM/26 Miles.
Good For: Those who enjoy hiking and have a moderate level of fitness.
Difficulty: Moderate to challenging hike.
Consideration: PERMIT REQUIRED.
Travel the same road to Machu Picchu that the Incas created. Along the way, enjoy smaller ruins without the crowds. The Inca Trail is the only path that goes through the Sun Gate to enter Machu Picchu.
- Book now
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES: (L+D).
You will be picked up from your Cusco hotel between 3:30 to 3:45am hrs, then leave Cusco by bus to Ollantaytambo and then by train to Km 104. Upon arrival we visit the archaeological sites of Chachabamba at 2250 masl. Here agricultural product from other areas where collected to be brought to Machu Picchu. Then we begin our walk towards Wiñay Wayna.
On the way we have beautiful views of the Urubamba river and the chances are many to see different kinds of the famous orchid family. We turn around the last corner and have the amazing Wiñay Wayna. We stop to make a visit of this interesting and important Inca site. 10 minutes more walking and we are at the “Trekker’s lodge”, where we will take our lunch, if not already eaten.
In the afternoon we walk the last hours towards Machu Picchu, and see from distance in the beautiful afternoon sun before continuing down to Aguas Calientes. We spend the night at this beautiful town.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO: (B)
Your day will begin with breakfast at approximately 04:30 am before beginning the trek up to Machu Picchu. After arrival to the archeological site, you will receive a guided tour of the marvelous citadel, visiting the Main Plaza, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of Three Windows, the Circular Tower and the Sacred Sun Dial and Burial Grounds. After this tour, the guide will then leave the group and there will be free time to visit and walk inside the citadel, or to climb the mountain (Waynapicchu or Machu Picchu if previously booked). The amount of time you have in Machu Picchu will depend on your train schedule so please check that closely.
You will take the tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo where you will be met by the driver who will guide you to the vehicle that will transport you to the city of Cusco, reaching the end of our services. (The drop off will be at Plaza San Francisco or as close as possible).
- Transfer from hotel to train station the first day.
- Executive train ticket to head of trail (104 Km.).
- English speaking tour guide.
- Admission ticket to the Inca Trail.
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu and the ruins along the trail.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (1B, 1L, 1D), Snacks.
- Executive train ticket Aguas Calientes / Ollantaytambo.
- Transport from the train station to downtown Cusco.
- 01 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu Mountain ($70).
- Entrance fee to Waynapicchu ($70).
- Bus round trip ticket Aguas Calientes/Machupicchu/Aguas Calientes.
- Tips for guides.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Fee entrances to the hot springs.
- Lunch 2nd day.
- Water supply.
- Extra porter for personal ítems.
Important things you should bring:
- Original Passport.
- ISIC student card (if applicable).
- Trekking shoes.
- Water bottle.
- Warm clothes (jacket, fleece and sweaters).
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain or cold.
- Sun block and insect repellent.
- Toilet paper.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, etc.
- Cash (no ATM machines in Aguas Calientes)
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs at Aguas Calientes after the trek)
- Positive mind!
Price Group: $ 465 USD