Inca Jungle Trip To Machu Picchu 4D/3N
Group Size: (Min. 1 participants, max 16 participants).
Duration: 4 Days - 3 Nights
Departures: Daily departures
- Book now
DAY 1: CUSCO - SANTA MARIA (BIKE) (RIVER RAFTING)
We begin our day with a pick up from your hostel/hotel/homestay (if within close proximity to the main Plaza) or pick-up at our office between 7:15 to 7:30 am; We depart for the drive through the Sacred Valley of the Incas where we can appreciate beautiful and scenic natural attractions as well as the culture during our 3-3.5 hour drive. We will arrive at about noon to the Abra Malaga, which is at an altitude of 4316 m. From this starting point, we begin the bike ride down (paved/downhill roads) towards the high forest in which takes between 2-3 hours. We will be passing through small villages, orchards, rivers and streams before reaching the HuamÃ¡nmarca village from where the group will continue with our transportation all the way to Santa Maria. During the descent into the valley, you will also have the support of our transportation because it is going to carry all your belongings during the biking activity, and also will provide security to the group until reaching the town of Santa Maria. After lunch, the group has the opportunity to participate in the rafting activity. In Santa Maria, we will spend our first night in a basic hostel.
* The river rafting activity is optional and has an extra cost, and is possible to do after lunch on this date.
(Lunch / Dinner included)
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA - SANTA TERESA (WALK)
We get up around 6:00 a.m. to enjoy breakfast and then begin the walk by the riverbank. Then we will begin an ascent/climb up the mountain that will take approximately 1 Â½ hrs. The hike will continue until we will reach the highest point of the dayâs hike, where we can admire the entire valley and the slopes of the canyon. Part of this hike includes a segment of the original Inca trail, which we take to reach the town of Quellomayo (lunch point). Here we will have a delicious lunch break, take a cable car to cross the river (5 soles extra) then continue with the walk to the Hot Springs Cocalmayo where you can spend approx. 2 hours relaxing. Then the group can decide whether to continue by walking or take a bus to the town of Santa Teresa for our second overnight in a hostel.
(Breakfast, lunch, dinner included)
* Hot springs activity this date for additional entrance fee. (Approx. 10 soles).
* Cable Car to cross the river (Approx. 5 soles).
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA - MACHU PICCHU PUEBLO (HIKING)
This morning, following breakfast, there is the option of an extra activity (zip lining with 6 different cables), followed by a flat walk around the floor of the valley from Santa Teresa. Here we can appreciate the landscape bordered by mountains and nature, leading to Hydroelectrica. Here we have lunch and then continue our hike to Aguas Calientes for (approximately 3hrs) along the banks of the river and also along the railroad tracks. On this hike you can see the flora and fauna of the area before reaching Aguas Calientes, where we will spend our last night.
(Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
* Extra zip-lining activity
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO (WALK AND VISIT THE INCA CITADEL)
Around 4:00 am we will get ready to go to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, climbing a path through the jungle. After registering in the control center of the park at 6:20 am we will be able to see the sunrise if we are lucky, then continue the visit within the Inca citadel together with our professional guides who will share with us their knowledge for two hours. After this tour, the guide will then leave the group and there will be free time to visit and walk inside the citadel, or to climb the mountain (Waynapicchu or Machu Picchu if previously booked). The amount of time you have in Machu Picchu will depend on your train schedule so please check that closely.
You will take the tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo where you will be met by the driver who will guide you to the vehicle that will transport you to the city of Cusco, reaching the end of our services. (The drop off will be at Plaza San Francisco or as close as possible)
- Pick up from your accommodation or office, transport to Abra Malaga.
- Front suspension bikes, helmets, gloves and whole body protection.
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners.
- 03 nights hostel accommodation.
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Professional bilingual guide service for 4 days.
- Train tickets return to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco (drop off in Plaza San Francisco).
- First Aid kit.
- Vegetarian option without additional price included.
- Admission ticket to Waynapicchu ($20).
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain ($20).
- White water river rafting ($25).
- Zip lining ($25).
- Bus Tickets to Machu Picchu ($15 each way).
- First breakfast and lunch the last day, snacks and side dishes, mineral water.
Important things to bring:
- Original Passport.
- Backpack (30 to 40 liters).
- Clothing to prevent cold, Comfortable clothing for trekking.
- Sportswear (1 set for each day), warm sweater.
- T-Shirts and shorts.
- A small towel.
- Walking shoes or just running shoes, sandals, swimsuit.
- Camera or camcorder
- Mosquito repellent, sunscreen.
- Hat or cap, sunglasses.
- Poncho or raincoat.
- Extra money in soles (recommended S/. 200 soles ).
- Toilet paper, flashlights.
- Personal medical kit.
- Tips for the tour guide.
- We recommend wearing long lightweight pants/leggings as to avoid bug bites.
- A Positive mind!
Price: $ 260 USD