Rainbow Mountain Cusco - Full Day Tour
The "Rainbow Mountain" in Peru, also known as Vinicunca, is a spectacular place near the snowy Ausangate glacier which is considered a sacred mountain by local people and is one of the most important deities of ancient Cusco. Since pre-Inca times the mountain has been a place of worship and offerings and this tradition continues today.
Most trips that let you see the "Rainbow Mountain" requires a trek of at least 6 days. That has changed with this new itinerary. We have designed this walk so that it can be done as a day trip.
On this walk you will see picturesque villages, beautiful “adobe” houses, herds of llamas and alpacas, and you will have a magnificent view of the glacier Ausangate (6,385 m / 20,945 feet).
With the beauty and uninterrupted solitude, this is a spectacular journey for hikers who love a true outdoor adventure.
- Book now
3:00 am. Departure from Cusco to Pitumarca Town, average 2-hour trip.
- Breakfast (Pitumarca Town)
- After breakfast we continue the journey to the town of Chilca.
- Start the walk from the village of Chilca.
- On the way you will enjoy landscapes full of flora and fauna own walk.
- Duration between 3 to 4 hours average to arrive at the "Rainbow Mountain".
- We will have adequate time to capture this magical place on our photos, memories and enjoy a breathtaking view of the "Rainbow Mountain" and the sacred snow-capped "Ausangate"
- Downhill to Chilca, where we have lunch.
- After this leisurely lunch, we return to the city of Cusco.
- 8:00 pm. Arrival in Cusco (approximately).
- Walking level: Demanding
It is recommended to be in good physical condition
- Transport (roundtrip)
- 01 breakfast
- 01 Lunch
- Professional guide English - Spanish.
- Horses S/. 70.00
- Food undescribed
- Phone calls
- Travel and accident insurance
PRICE: USD 120.00 Private Tour (Minimun 02 Persons)
PRICE: USD 40.00 Group Service